activemq-users mailing list archives

From roxanac <maria_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Pls help! Making two networks working together
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:53:46 GMT

Another experiment that I've tried:

3 brokers in network1  (discovering each other through multicast)
3 brokers in network2  (discovering each other through multicast)

I choose one broker from each network to be central point having a static
network connector
to the central point from the other network (pointing to the same port I use
for multicast)
<networkConnectors>
  <networkConnector uri="multicast://default?group=local2"/>
  <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://Broker3':61616)"
			  name = "toOutside"
		          duplex = "false"
			  networkTTL = "2"/>
</networkConnectors>

 ntw1
ntw2

Broker1
Broker1'
    ^

^

    | --------------> Broker3  ==============> Broker3'  <--------|
    |                                   <==============

Broker2
Broker2'

Now Broker3' receives all the messages from network1 and Broker3 receives
all the messages from network2, but the rest of the brokers still receive
only messages from their network
(if I increase networkTTL on the static connection I will only get duplicate
messages at Broker3&3', but the other brokers cannot receive anything from
the other network)

So what can I do for Broker3 to actually FORWARD the messages from network2
in its own network?