activemq-users mailing list archives

From rodos77 <eugene.ro...@nexj.com>
Subject Re: prefetchExtension off-by-1 for transacted consumers with prefetchSize > 0
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:31:10 GMT

JIRA AMQ-2651 opened.

I would be happy to provide a patch but as I stated in my original post, I
don't fully understand the need for prefetchExtension in the case of a
transacted, asynchronous (prefetchSize > 0) consumer.  If somebody could
explain it, that would perhaps give me the required knowledge to come up
with a patch.

The way I see it now, I would get rid of the prefetchExtension (in the above
mentioned case) all together, but again I'm probably missing some piece of
information and I don't want to cause any side effects.  Barring that, I
think there is an off-by-1 error in its calculation but I need this
confirmed in order to create a proper patch.