activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <>
Subject Re: AMQ (5.3.0) with CMS-3.01 -> consumes all memory and stops clients and producers
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:41:05 GMT

It should also be interesting that you switch your persistence manager from
JDBC to KahaStore because KahaStore is faster than JDBC. If the KahaStore is
created on a SAN with RAID disks, this one should not be a point of failure
in your architecture

Kind regards,

competitor consumers = several clients or same client using several threads
for consuming messages from broker

lucious wrote:
> Ohh I got it ;) thanks a lot!!! BTW. What is competitors consumers?
> M.
> cmoulliard wrote:
>> Hi Marcin,
>> I think that too much messages are produced and consumers does not have
>> enough time/memory to consume them. So the memory consumption continue to
>> growth till to reach a limit. As you have configured the vm for the
>> MessageCursor (, this
>> behavior is logic and corresponds to what was designed in ActiveMq 4.x
>> (see the link that I post). I propose that you removed them to let
>> ActiveMq to use the new one which is the store front message cursor
>> (messages are paged on disk if the memory limit is reached) or adapt the
>> architecture to use competitors consumers.
>> Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect

My Blog :