activemq-users mailing list archives

From lucious <marcin.gi...@arise.pl>
Subject Re: AMQ (5.3.0) with CMS-3.01 -> consumes all memory and stops clients and producers
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:57:18 GMT

Ohh I got it ;) thanks a lot!!! BTW. What is competitors consumers?

M.

Hi Marcin,

I think that too much messages are produced and consumers does not have
enough time/memory to consume them. So the memory consumption continue to
growth till to reach a limit. As you have configured the vm for the
MessageCursor (http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html), this
behavior is logic and corresponds to what was designed in ActiveMq 4.x (see
the link that I post). I propose that you removed them to let ActiveMq to
use the new one which is the store front message cursor (messages are paged
on disk if the memory limit is reached) or adapt the architecture to use
competitors consumers.

Kind regards,