activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMq Master/Slave & ServiceMix 4
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:55:55 GMT

I use now the ProducerTool class to send "persistent" messages to my 'IN'
queue. So this problem is ok now.

Nevertheless, the second problem is always there. When I stop the activemq
master broker, the slave wakes up and becomes the master but through
Jconsole I cannot see the queue 'IN' + messages. I can see the following
components :

- broker
- connector
    - openwire
- MasterConnector

IT SEEMS THAT THE JCONSOLE DOES NOT DISPLAY THE CORRECT INFO. If I use a JMS
client, it works fine as I'm able to get the messages from the queue IN.

Kind regards,

Charles

cmoulliard wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> The persistence is on as I can it from jconsole (persistent = true).
>
> When we create a message using the jconsole and command sendTextMessage,
> is the message persisted or not ?
>
> Here is the config of the master :
>
>     <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
> brokerName="master" useShutdownHook="false">
>
>         <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
> -->
>         <managementContext>
>             <managementContext createConnector="true"/>
>         </managementContext>
>
>         <persistenceAdapter>
>       		<kahaDB directory="d:/temp/activemq-data"
> journalMaxFileLength="32mb"/>
>     	</persistenceAdapter>
>
>         <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
>         <transportConnectors>
>            <transportConnector name="openwire"
> uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>         </transportConnectors>
>
>     </broker>
>
> and the slave
>
>     <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
> masterConnectorURI="tcp://localhost:61616" brokerName="slave"
> useShutdownHook="false">
>
>        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
> -->
>         <managementContext>
>             <managementContext createConnector="true"/>
>         </managementContext>
>
> 	<persistenceAdapter>
>       		<kahaDB directory="d:/temp/activemq-data"
> journalMaxFileLength="32mb"/>
>     	</persistenceAdapter>
>
>         <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
>         <transportConnectors>
>             <transportConnector name="openwire"
> uri="tcp://localhost:61617"/>
>         </transportConnectors>
>
>     </broker>
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Charles
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
>>
>> you got to post your activemq.xml or broker bean, seems like u have
>> persistence turned off!
>> Or is the message non persistent?
>>
>> On 4 March 2010 16:35, cmoulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have created a Master/Slave configuration of ActiveMq through 2
>>> instances of ServiceMix 4 (so ActiveMq is in embedded mode) running on
>>> the same host. The 2 instances of activemq have been deployed
>>> successfully and run well. The two instances are configured to use the
>>> same persistence adapter :
>>>
>>>      <persistenceAdapter>
>>>           <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
>>> directory="d:/temp/activemq/default" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
>>>       </persistenceAdapter>
>>>
>>> I have created a queue (IN) and a message on the Master activeMq. If I
>>> shutdown the Master activemq server, I see that the slave who was
>>> sleeping wake up BUT
>>> if I look (using jconsole) to the activemq config of the slave, I
>>> don't see the queue IN + message posted and not consumed.

> [...]

-----
Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect

My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/