activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmoulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMq Master/Slave & ServiceMix 4
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:31:41 GMT

Hi Gary,

The persistence is on as I can it from jconsole (persistent = true).

When we create a message using the jconsole and command sendTextMessage, is
the message persisted or not ?

Here is the config of the master :

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="master" useShutdownHook="false">

        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="true"/>
        </managementContext>

        <persistenceAdapter>
      		<kahaDB directory="d:/temp/activemq-data"
journalMaxFileLength="32mb"/>
    	</persistenceAdapter>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
           <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

and the slave

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
masterConnectorURI="tcp://localhost:61616" brokerName="slave"
useShutdownHook="false">

       <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="true"/>
        </managementContext>

	<persistenceAdapter>
      		<kahaDB directory="d:/temp/activemq-data"
journalMaxFileLength="32mb"/>
    	</persistenceAdapter>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:61617"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

Kind regards,

Charles

Gary Tully wrote:

> you got to post your activemq.xml or broker bean, seems like u have
> persistence turned off!
> Or is the message non persistent?
>
> On 4 March 2010 16:35, cmoulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created a Master/Slave configuration of ActiveMq through 2
>> instances of ServiceMix 4 (so ActiveMq is in embedded mode) running on
>> the same host. The 2 instances of activemq have been deployed
>> successfully and run well. The two instances are configured to use the
>> same persistence adapter :
>>
>>      <persistenceAdapter>
>>           <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="false"
>> directory="d:/temp/activemq/default" maxFileLength="20 mb"/>
>>       </persistenceAdapter>
>>
>> I have created a queue (IN) and a message on the Master activeMq. If I
>> shutdown the Master activemq server, I see that the slave who was
>> sleeping wake up BUT
>> if I look (using jconsole) to the activemq config of the slave, I
>> don't see the queue IN + message posted and not consumed.
>>
>> Is it normal or an issue  ?
>>
>> Additional remark : If I shutdown the SMX4 server (master) and restart
>> it,
>> then the message + queue have been lost. Very strange isn't it !!!!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Charles Moulliard
>> Senior Enterprise Architect
>> Apache Camel Committer