activemq-users mailing list archives

From dara kok <mrpc.cambo...@gmail.com>
Subject best approach to transfer large File, modify content on receive
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:15:22 GMT

I need to send a large text file through ActiveMQ. On the receiving end, it's
a JAVA application that retrieve the file and manipulate its content. I send
the file through ActiveMQ by serializing/deserializing.

Because the file is big, could be over 100Mb, i think there must be some
performance issue if i don't handle the receiving and processing of the file
well.

- How should I retrieve the file from the MQ that would incur the least
impact on system performance and memory usage?
- How about when i send the file through MQ, is my above approach
appropriate for large file? can you recommend a better one?

So i post my concern here in hope to get some ideas from all of you.

Thanks,