activemq-users mailing list archives

From Cristian Botiza <Cristian.Bot...@endava.com>
Subject RE: Message expiration
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:45:50 GMT
Ok, I figured it out.
Looks like we shouldn't use setJMSExpiration() but setTimeToLive() in the Producer. Alternative
is to use
the overloaded send() method and specify the TTL there.

AMQ logs now show clearly the message was deleted from the (Derby) store. And the EXPIRATION
value
is shown properly in the Geronimo console.

Thanks
Cristian

From: Gary Tully [gary.tully@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 March 2010 13:39
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Message expiration

yes, it is specified in milliseconds and with 5.3.1. for queues, the message
will be automatically expired, independent of consumer activity.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended