activemq-users mailing list archives

From Cristian Botiza <Cristian.Bot...@endava.com>
Subject Message expiration
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:21:34 GMT
Hi all,

By reading the JavaDoc I wasn't able to figure out exactly what setJMSExpiration(long) does.

If I use a value of 60000 for example (IN THE SENDER CODE) does that mean that the message
will be deleted from the store if not consumed in aproximately 1 minute? Is there any guarantee
for this behavior?

If not, is there a way I can enforce this?

thank you

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Any opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent
the opinions of the Company. Emails are susceptible to interference. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message
in error, do not open any attachments but please notify the EndavaIT Service Desk on (+44
(0)870 423 0187), and delete this message from your system. The sender accepts no responsibility
for information, errors or omissions in this email, or for its use or misuse, or for any act
committed or omitted in connection with this communication. If in doubt, please verify the
authenticity of the contents with the sender. Please rely on your own virus checkers as no
responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus infection.

Endava Limited is a company registered in England under company number 5722669 whose registered
office is at 125 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1AR, United Kingdom. Endava Limited is the
Endava group holding company and does not provide any services to clients. Each of Endava
Limited and its subsidiaries is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such
entity's acts or omissions. Please refer to the “Legal” section on our website for a list
of legal entities.