activemq-users mailing list archives

From Cristian Botiza <Cristian.Bot...@endava.com>
Subject RE: best approach to transfer large File, modify content on receive
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:23:55 GMT
Can you chunk the file? In this case you might split it between multiple producers and consumers
and play with the number of producers/consumers and chunck size. You may send and process
chuncks
concurrently and also limit the message size.

Just one option...

From: dara kok [mrpc.cambodia@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 March 2010 12:15
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: best approach to transfer large File, modify content on receive

I need to send a large text file through ActiveMQ. On the receiving end, it's
a JAVA application that retrieve the file and manipulate its content. I send
the file through ActiveMQ by serializing/deserializing.

Because the file is big, could be over 100Mb, i think there must be some
performance issue if i don't handle the receiving and processing of the file
well.

- How should I retrieve the file from the MQ that would incur the least
impact on system performance and memory usage?
- How about when i send the file through MQ, is my above approach
appropriate for large file? can you recommend a better one?

So i post my concern here in hope to get some ideas from all of you.

Thanks,

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Any opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent
the opinions of the Company. Emails are susceptible to interference. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message
in error, do not open any attachments but please notify the EndavaIT Service Desk on (+44
(0)870 423 0187), and delete this message from your system. The sender accepts no responsibility
for information, errors or omissions in this email, or for its use or misuse, or for any act
committed or omitted in connection with this communication. If in doubt, please verify the
authenticity of the contents with the sender. Please rely on your own virus checkers as no
responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus infection.

Endava Limited is a company registered in England under company number 5722669 whose registered
office is at 125 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1AR, United Kingdom. Endava Limited is the
Endava group holding company and does not provide any services to clients. Each of Endava
Limited and its subsidiaries is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such
entity's acts or omissions. Please refer to the “Legal” section on our website for a list
of legal entities.