activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence not working
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:01:06 GMT
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Wxman <Mark.Fenbers@noaa.gov> wrote:

> I'm using AMQ 5.3.0...  My programs successfully send and receive messages
> through the broker.  However, this only happens for messages sent after its
> launch.  Messages that were submitted *prior* to my app's launch are *not*
> received.  My understanding of persistence is that this is the point of
> persistence, i.e., messages handled by ActiveMQ prior to my app launching
> would still be passed to my app once it launches, right?
>
> I have the persistence flag turned on in the code and in the activemq.xml
> file.  And I recently moved to the new KahaDB datastore, but this had no
> apparent impact on the problem.
>
> Most of ActiveMQ's configuration and its capabilities are over my head and
> so I still consider myself an ActiveMQ newbie despite that I have my apps
> successfully communicating via ActiveMQ (at least, for live messages).
>
> Obviously, something is configured improperly; otherwise, getting older
> messages would work.  Is there a checklist of item I can review to determine
> what configuration step may not be set right?

The default configuration in ActiveMQ 5.3 will persist messages using KahaDB:

http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html

This will persist messages between broker restarts. But this will only
work if the messages are marked for persistence by the message
producer:

MessageProducer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);

For more info, see the following:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/jms/MessageProducer.html#setDeliveryMode(int)

Bruce
);'