activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOM with high KahaDB index time
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:18:29 GMT
Good to know! - this was a silly error - When a consumer got so far
behind a producer so that the cache was invalidated, after every
acknowledgement of a message, a cursor would check to see if the index
was empty. To do that it would ask for a count of still outstanding
persistent messages. For a BTreeIndex - a count resulted in every
BTreeNode been paged into memory in the same transaction to be
counted. Its remarkable KahaDB was as fast as it was under the
circumstances :)