activemq-users mailing list archives

From Josh Carlson <jcarl...@e-dialog.com>
Subject Failover causes duplicate messages
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:02:10 GMT
When using a shared file system master/server activemq configuration and
client acknoledgements we run into a problem when
our clients fail over to a new server. The problem is that the new
server does not appear to have any knowledge of pending
messages that the old server had dispatched to clients. Consequently all
of these pending messages get dispatched a second
time even though the clients had acknowledged them.

I've filed this as a bug here:

which contains a reproducer using activemq-cpp. I'm posting here in the
hopes that someone can confirm that they believe this something that is
suppose to be supported and/or if anyone knows of any possible work arounds.

Any advice is appreciated.