activemq-users mailing list archives

From Wxman <Mark.Fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: Persistence not working
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:31:57 GMT

bsnyder wrote:

> The default configuration in ActiveMQ 5.3 will persist messages using
> KahaDB:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html
>
> This will persist messages between broker restarts. But this will only
> work if the messages are marked for persistence by the message
> producer:
>
> MessageProducer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);
>
> Bruce

Yes, KahaDB is indeed what being used (verified by browsing the "data"
subdir), and I clearly set the delivery mode to DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT in
all my producer code.  This is why I am perplexed.

However, you mentioned that the persistence feature keeps messages in
existence between broker restarts.  But my understanding was that the
messages persist such that when they are handled by activeMQ at 10 o'clock,
that my app will receive them even if it is launched at 11 o'clock.  Is my
concept of the purpose of persistence incorrect?

The goal I desire is for my app to receive messages that were generated and
sent to the ActiveMQ broker even well before my app was even launched.  This
way, it can "catch up" even when it was launched too late to catch the
messages "live".  Is this possible?  If so, this feature is not working in
my current configuration and I need to get to the bottom of what I've done
wrong.

Mark