activemq-users mailing list archives

From Wxman <Mark.Fenb...@noaa.gov>
Subject Persistence not working
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:03:46 GMT

I'm using AMQ 5.3.0...  My programs successfully send and receive messages
through the broker.  However, this only happens for messages sent after its
launch.  Messages that were submitted *prior* to my app's launch are *not*
received.  My understanding of persistence is that this is the point of
persistence, i.e., messages handled by ActiveMQ prior to my app launching
would still be passed to my app once it launches, right?

I have the persistence flag turned on in the code and in the activemq.xml
file.  And I recently moved to the new KahaDB datastore, but this had no
apparent impact on the problem.

Most of ActiveMQ's configuration and its capabilities are over my head and
so I still consider myself an ActiveMQ newbie despite that I have my apps
successfully communicating via ActiveMQ (at least, for live messages).

Obviously, something is configured improperly; otherwise, getting older
messages would work.  Is there a checklist of item I can review to determine
what configuration step may not be set right?

Mark