activemq-users mailing list archives

From Etherealmachine <james.l.pet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non-Blocking Producer Flow Control
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:54:16 GMT

I was using the createTemporaryQueue method to create the queue, but I guess
a good solution would be to create all temporary queues using temp-<UUID>,
replacing UUID with a randomly generated UUID to avoid collisions, then
control the policy with wildcards. For posterity sake I should mention this
only works to avoid a DOS if the Producer ensures replies are sent to a
temp-* queue, or clients are not allowed to create non-temp queues,
otherwise a malicious client could direct traffic to a flow-controlled
queue.