activemq-users mailing list archives

From Etherealmachine <james.l.pet...@gmail.com>
Subject Non-Blocking Producer Flow Control
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:32:16 GMT

Hello,
    Is it possible to either discover if a destination is being
flow-controlled? I have a case where the producer should never block while
sending to a queue. The queue is used to respond to a client request, and if
the client ignores the response, sending more will block the server,
allowing a denial of service. It's acceptable for the server to either drop
messages if it gets too full. Basically it is the server's responsibility to
not block, and the client's responsibility to consume messages. I'd also
rather handle this only on the queue being filled up, the request queue is a
topic, so other clients are requesting service on it.