activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adrian A <adri...@acta.co.uk>
Subject Re: Slow sending of messages
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:20:57 GMT

Hi Maarten

Kinda.

MapMessages are significantly more expensive but no real surprise there.

I upgraded the machine and did significant optimising on the GC, paying
particular attention to parallel / conc mark sweep

eg
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing
-XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0
or
 -XX:+UseParallelGC"
or
-XX:-UseParallelOldGC

I couldn't find any good info on what GC settings people have used for their
platform.... but working with known test cases and measuring over multiple
10,000's tests helped to determine optimum settings on mine.

what are you seeing?

thanks

Adrian