activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <mart...@gmx.at>
Subject ActiveMQ-CPP Failover transport blocks in interrupted mode
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:59:21 GMT

Hi,

I am using the failover transport with an URL constructed like the
following:

url << "failover://(tcp://" << broker.ip << ":" << broker.port <<
")?" <<
"randomize=false"
        << "&connection.sendTimeout=5000" <<
"&maxReconnectDelay=5000&timeout=3000";

I tried unexpected broker failures by simply dropping packets on the
firewall in the middle of a session.

In a simple testing program, where I send pings, I get the following output

563089 DEBUG OnlineStateHandler   null - Sent ping.
DEBUG OnlineStateHandler   null - Sent ping.
DEBUG OnlineStateHandler   null - Sent ping.
DEBUG OnlineStateHandler   null - Sent ping.
ERROR OnlineStateHandler   null - Failed sending ping: 0xb4f0c860
ERROR OnlineStateHandler   null - Failed sending ping: 0xb4f02cd0
ERROR OnlineStateHandler   null - Failed sending ping: 0xb4f0bd88
ERROR OnlineStateHandler   null - Failed sending ping: 0xb4f0e180
603037 WARN MyTransportListener   null - Transport interrupted!
604097 ERROR OnlineStateHandler   null - Failed sending ping: 0xb4f11e70
981046 ERROR OnlineStateHandler   null - Failed sending ping: 0xb4f12068
<HANGS HERE>

After this, the call to send() hangs, instead of timing out due to either
connection.sendTimeout or timeout. This is rather unfortunate for me,
because possibly "infinite" hangs are not what I want, but want to switch to
some sort of "offline" handling.

Anybody got a hint for me?

Best regards,
Martin