activemq-users mailing list archives

From hwl <wlhu...@ncs.com.sg>
Subject Re: activemq 5.3 slower than 4.1.2?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 03:16:58 GMT

Thanks rajdavies for the quick response.

it will be difficult or time-consuming to create a junit test case, as the
application is complex and uses UCP as the receiving interface.

Maybe i can give more info on the problem encountered here. We found out the
threads in our application were stuck with the following error through
JConsole when we used activemq 4.1.2.
Name: ClearTextSMSUCPAdp02-UcpAdapterUcpTextHandler_015
State: WAITING on
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar@445e0acb
Total blocked: 33,632  Total waited: 24,745

Stack trace:
java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar.await(CondVar.java:76)
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.take(ArrayBlockingQueue.java:319)
org.apache.activemq.transport.FutureResponse.getResult(FutureResponse.java:42)
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.request(ResponseCorrelator.java:75)
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1175)
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQSession.java:1663)
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.close(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:542)

The search result from the web suggests it's fixed at a higher version of
activemq, and hence we decided to give the latest version a try, but found
out our application slowed down. I also tried using a lower version,
activemq 5.1.0. The application failed within seconds and we are yet to
identify the root cause. If it's hard to investigate the difference, can we
solve the locking issue by applying some patches to activemq 4.1.2 copy
instead? Or is there any better suggestion?