activemq-users mailing list archives

From hwl <wlhu...@ncs.com.sg>
Subject activemq 5.3 slower than 4.1.2?
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 07:36:08 GMT

Our application previously ran on activemq 4.1.2 and was able to achieve <
500ms response time in average. However, some locking issue was observed
(WAITING on edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.locks.CondVar)
and we upgraded the activemq component to 5.3.0. The locking issue does not
occur so far, but the performance drops to >2 second on average response
time which breaches the performance critieria.

Any idea what could introduce such significant overhead and any way to tune
it?

Our messaging service is non-persistent and activemq has been configured
accordingly.

thanks!

- Wanling