activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jarl <jarl-nabble....@errors.no>
Subject Re: [solved] JDBC master/slave failover with DB2 fails due to long-running transaction
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:11:21 GMT

After browsing code and bug reports for some hours, and doing some testing;
it seems all that is required is to set the (undocumented) configuration
property lockKeepAlivePeriod to 0, thus disabling the frequent updates.

This used to be the default but was changed to 30 seconds in 5.1/5.2. There
seems to be no ill effects in turning it off, so hopefully we're off the
hook.

   <persistenceAdapter>
     <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#db2-ds" lockKeepAlivePeriod="0"/>
   </persistenceAdapter>

Thanks!
-Jarl

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/-ActiveMQ-Cleanup-Timer--%28org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker%3AkeepAlive%3A123%29---Failed-to-update-database-lock%3A-tp23252301p27452224.html