activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ features
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 07:18:32 GMT

On 4 Jan 2010, at 20:05, Rigo Cintorn wrote:

> Hi,
>

>     I'm trying to find a replacement for JBoss and someone told me
> to check
> ActiveMQ. I'm trying to find out some information about ActiveMQ.
> These are
> some of the features I'm looking for:
>
> 1)	Being able to detect network/socket reset /close
There is a configurable inactivity monitor - that is used to ensure a
transport is still active - if you are using the failover:// transport
(the default for the  Java client). This detects network outages,
remote peers disappearing etc and is additional to the normal
detection you get (or don't) from tcp.
> 2)	No dependencies on system date/time for read/write timeouts
could you explain what you mean here? any wait(), sleep() etc is going
to depend on the system clock?
> 3)	Automatic retry of reestablishing socket connection (if available)
This is provided by the default failover:// client transport (in
addition to the replaying of state/messages on a failover://) -   -
see http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html
> 4)	Comparison of message/bytes throughput over slow network
Comparison to JBoss ? - no idea