activemq-users mailing list archives

From "J. Matthew Pryor" <...@observant.com.au>
Subject Massive accumulation of ConcurrentHashMap in heap
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 02:07:56 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to track down the reason for a massive accumulation of
ConcurrentHashMap in the heap of our long running Java process.

We are running Java 1.6 so I am pretty sure the known issue relating
to the 1.5 JVM doesn't apply here.

The URL below is a link to a screen shot of the heap analysis, showing
the accumulated memory. It seems to be root in a series or region
brokers?

http://img160.yfrog.com/img160/1049/heap.png

I can also see that some JMX classes are in the root, could the reason
for the accumulation be related to having JMX enabled?

As far as we can tell, the queues are being serviced normally, and
this application generally runs for long periods of time without any
noticeable memory leak.

I'd be greatly appreciative of any ideas for strategies to get more
information about the source of the memory accumulation.

We're using Java 1.6 7 Active MQ 5.3

Thanks,
Matthew