activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fred Moore <fred.moor...@gmail.com>
Subject Any publicly available code to create human readable dumps of broker internal state and queue contents?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:59:56 GMT
Hi folks,

after having embededded an ActiveMQ broker into our application, we wanted
to provide simple command line use cases to help problem
determination/troubleshooting, things like:

1\ Dumping the broker internal state (just dumping MBeans attributes should
suffice) to a text file
2\ Dumping header & body of each message in a queue to a text file

I'm assuming this is a very common requirement: can anyone suggest pointers
to code that we can reuse?

Cheers,
F.

PS: ...the underlying assumption here is that troubleshooting cannot be
performed via interactive "observation" of the system, e.g. by a user using
tools such as JConsole and HermesJMS, because of deploy constraints or
insufficient user skills.