activemq-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kluesing>
Subject Per queue limits on durable messages
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:28:02 GMT

I'm looking at ActiveMQ 5.3, with particular interest in the producer flow control. Is there
any way to have per-queue limits on the amount of disk space a durable queue is using? I've
seen the memory limit on the destination policy, which looks to only apply to non-durable

In case that wasn't clear - I have two queues, importantData and notImportantData, and I want
to guarantee that if the consumer for the notImportantData queue goes down it will only fill
up, say, 1gig of disk space so that importantData can continue to persist to disk even if
the notImportant consumer is down for a week.

Is there a config setup that will allow this kind of control?