activemq-users mailing list archives

From moreno9000 <moreno.ma...@italtel.it>
Subject Re: Thread for each client
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:37:43 GMT

I confirm Marcin's problem (with AMQ 5.3).

One producer (java application with transport=openwire)
For each message producer open a Connection, send a msg, close the
Connection.

Server side no problem for what concern file descriptors opened,
memory usage, socket opened (with netstat I see all conn=ESTABLISHED).

Problems with threads.

A new thread is created (inside AMQ) for every producer's open-send-close.
Threads don't disappear even if producer call connection.close()
(they disappear after 20-30 seconds from producer's death).

In activemq.xml I set producerFlowControl=false, transport.closeAsync=false.

AMQ run with these options:
-Xmx1024M, -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=false.

Producer set jms.useAsyncSend=false.

Are there other configurations I can try to stop thread's increment?

Many thanks
Moreno