activemq-users mailing list archives

From fwelland <>
Subject Remote JMX with both Web Console and JCONSOLE?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:01:39 GMT

Using AMQ with JDK 16_17.    I have configured my broker with useJMX and
disabled createConnector.   I have open wire on  10444 via

            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://"/>

And started AMQ with

enticate=false "

I have TOMCAT 5.0.28 (jdk 16_17) running on entirely different host and have
deployed the webconsole to that Tomcat instance.    My TOMCAT is started

JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dwebconsole.type=properties"
JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} -Dwebconsole.jms.url=tcp://amqhost:10444"

The web console seems to function OK:  I can see queues and put messages to
them, and basic stuff like that.

I also want remote jconsole access too (from yet another host).   But I
can't get that working.   Using the remote connect string:
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://amqhost:10333/jmxrmi  JCONSOLE spins for a
minute or 2, saying that it is connected but fails saying the connection
didn't succeed; try again.

If I add a connector port to AMQ like this (in activemq.xml):

           <managementContext connectorPort="10333" rmiServerPort="10222"

I can connect with jconsole with a string like:

If I make the corresponding change to the file in my tomcat and

The console no longer works.   I get stack traces with:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException: An error
occurred while getting property "brokerName" from an instance of class

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No broker is found at any of the 1
configured urls

Is there anyway I can get both the webconsole and JCONSOLE work, remotely ,
to an AMQ broker?

thanks in advance!