activemq-users mailing list archives

From hackingbear <hackingb...@gmail.com>
Subject Message timestamp and clock synchronization
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 01:21:57 GMT

Hi,

It seems that a message gets its timestamp at the producer side. The problem
is that one cannot expect a sender has its system clock synchronized with
that of the servers; neither the users know how to run/turn on the clock
sync services. The two consequences are

1) the time-to-live message sending would not work; the message may be
completely loss just because this.

2) there is no way to accurately monitor messaging performance on the
consumer side.

I tried to solve the second problem with a broker filter but get into my old
problem:
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-set-message-property-in-broker-filter-to26362561.html

The first one, I have no idea how to solve, esp. per-message TTL control.