activemq-users mailing list archives

From rideallday <>
Subject Re: How to avoid "Slow KahaDB access: cleanup took 545" error msg?
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:10:23 GMT

I am also seeing these. I understand that you can set a thrreshold to stop it
logging, but it seems that things slow down or stall while KahaDB performs
an index. Ie- consumers of this broker are blocked waiting for the index to

This happens when my message store grows to several thousand messages.

Are there any resources or docs on tuning KahaDB? Can I get it to index less
often, perhaps.

The underlying filesystem is a NAS and I'm using nfs4 with a shared disk HA

I doubled the heap space for AMQ (1024M) and it improved for a while.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I can't find any docs on KahaDB.