activemq-users mailing list archives

From yair <y...@sundaysky.com>
Subject Visibility timeout feature
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:02:21 GMT

hi all
I m currently using amazon's SQS as a queue for jobs running in my systems.
When a "worker" machine takes a job from the queue, it becomes invisible to
other workers. The queue has a configurable timeout, so that if in X seconds
the worker didn't deleted the message completely from the queue, it will
return to the queue.

I m trying to make this work in ActiveMQ instead of SQS. I m using sessions
to commit after receiving messages, so that if a machine will crush (thus
closing the connection) the message will stay in the queue (this works
fine). However, i want it to also use some timeout to return the message to
the queue. Is this possible in ActiveMQ?

thanks
Yair