activemq-users mailing list archives

From zdvickery <zach.vick...@sensus.com>
Subject ExceptionListener behavior in Connection class and NMS 1.2.0
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:23:29 GMT

I am currently performing some asychronous messaging functionality using
ActiveMQ/NMS.  For various reasons, my process is connected to an ActiveMQ
server which restarts periodically.  I have observed the following behaviors
with different versions of NMS:

1.0: The listener would fire most of the time when the connection was lost
(sometimes it wouldn't, which initiated the search for a fix)
1.1: The process would deadlock within NMS code when the connection was lost
1.2-RC2: No event is fired when the connection is lost

With 1.2-RC2, I can close the TCP connection used by my publishers and
subscribers, yet the ExceptionListener callback is never invoked.  I am
curious if this is expected behavior and whether there is anything that can
be done to reliabily detect connection failures?