activemq-users mailing list archives

From KameshBathina <kamesh.bath...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker Hangs with Durable subscriptions
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 08:31:27 GMT

I even tried with 5.3. The timetolive field is working but for this to take
effect the consumers should active. Other wise if consumer is down and
timetolive field expires the broker will maintain them in memory or disk,
till the consumer is up. When the consumer is UP, the messages are validated
for timetolive and if they are expired they will be discarded and will not
be delivered to consumers.

I think as per design, when consumers are down and even if timetolive is
expired, messages will be in messaging system. Is it possible for broker to
make them discarded based on timetolive irrespective of whether consumer is
UP or DOWN ?