activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ NMS : Listener (.Net vs WCF)
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:06:25 GMT
On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 01:21 -0800, titexe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to develop listener for my application in .Net,
>
> Two solution are available :
>
> 1- Listener .Net NMS Activemq
> 2- Listener WCF NMS Activemq
>
> the first solution, don't handle exeptions of listener, like network
> interruption, retry....etc
>
> I would like to know the difference between them, and what is the best
> practice ?

The newest version of Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ 1.2.0 which is in the process
of being released now has improved Failover support and a Connection
inactivity monitor which should detect dropped connections much quicker.
You may want to give that a try.

The download page for the Apache.NMS 1.2.0 release is here:
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-net-120-release.html

The latest release candidate of Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ is here:
http://people.apache.org/~tabish/nms.activemq-1.2.0/

I don't really know much about the WCF NMS lib so I can't provide you
with and comparison of its capabilities vs the ActiveMQ lib.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish