activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Ivanisevic <aleksan...@ivanisevic.de>
Subject STOMP order of acks?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:25:56 GMT

Hi,

I have a consumer with prefetch>1 and client ack. If I send the acks
out of order (not in the order the messages are received), I get an
exception:

org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolException: Unexpected ACK received for message-id

is this in JMS specification that acks need to be received in the same
order or is it STOMP bug?

If it is supposed to be like that, how is one supposed to handle
messages in parallel? Have a separate consumer for each thread?

Hm, just found out that when I get this exception the message never
gets redelivered, so this must be a STOMP bug, right?