activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using NMS with .NET Compact Framework
Date Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:38:22 GMT
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Tammer Salem
<tammer.salem@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I'm trying to create a .NET CF 2.0 application that can listen to messages
> from activemq and update a UI based on the message.
> I've been trying to get the IMessageConsumer interface working but for some
> reason VS2008 doesn't recognize this as a valid interface from
> the Apache.NMS.dll
> Has anyone encountered this before?

Your VS2008 project will need to reference both the NMS and NMS.ActiveMQ
DLLs in order to work correctly.  That could be the issue, if you post a
sample of you code I can tell you if there's any issue with your usage of
the API.

> Is this the accepted way of doing this? I'm not too bothered by the form of
> communication, just the fact that I can create a listener on a separate
> thread that can receive activemq messages.
>
> The documentation is very light, and I read a Nabble response saying that
> .netcf is no longer supported? Can someone shed some light on this, and if
> possible point me to some examples or documentation?

The ActiveMQ client no longer supports the .NETCF, work has started on a
smaller Stomp based client that will work on .NETCF but its not yet
complete.  You are welcome to contribute to the project if you'd like,
currently basic functionality is there but things like transactions aren't
tested yet and the code needs some work to build on the CF.

I'd recommend that you get comfortable with the NMS.ActiveMQ client and
hopefully the Stomp client will have a release out in the next month or so.

Regards
Tim.