activemq-users mailing list archives

From tyler_c <cthcar...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot open TCP connection to embedded broker on tomcat from external java class
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:29:13 GMT

Hey ActiveMQ-Users,

I have an embedded ActiveMQ broker running on tomcat 6.0.20 (port 8080) that
I access using html get/post methods.  I would also like to connect to it
using a tcp connection (port 61616) from a java class that is external to my
tomcat instance (i.e. java code running on my local machine).  I keep
getting the error "Cannot connect to Broker -
tcp://localhost:61616...Reason: Connection refused" when running my local
java method.  I have looked at the following threads for answers without any
success (as well as all the information on the activeMq site):

"access to embedded broker"
"Sharing embedded broker across webapp contexts"

Let me know if more information is needed to help solve the problem.

Thanks,
Tyler