activemq-users mailing list archives

From ripienaar <>
Subject statisticsBrokerPlugin with Stomp
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:44:58 GMT

I'm keen to access the statisticsBrokerPlugin from stomp, I think the
languages stomp supports is more appropriate for monitoring than java based
ones - lots of start/stop of monitoring scripts etc - so quite keen to get
this going.

I understand I need to send an empty message to ActiveMQ.Statistics.Broker
with a reply header set, trying this from ruby:

conn ="user", "pass", "localhost", 6163, true)
conn.send("/queue/ActiveMQ.Statistics.Broker", "", {"reply-to" =>
pp conn.receive

All I get out of it is this:

I've tried a few permutations of above, using topics and not queues and so
forth but all I get is the advisories, not sure if the MapMessage type is
behaving differently than normal stomp replies,

any help appreciated.