activemq-users mailing list archives

From sic <sic_1...@naver.com>
Subject cachelevel and pool factory
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:59:06 GMT

hi

I wanna to know the relationships between DefaultMessageListenerContainer
(DMLC) CacheLevel configuration and PooledConnectionFactory in ActiveMQ.
<bean id="amqConnectionFactory"
class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory"
destroy-method="stop">
		<property name="connectionFactory">
				<property name="brokerURL">
					<value>failover:(tcp://localhost:14876)</value>
				</property>
			</bean>
		</property>
	</bean>
	<bean id="listenerContainer"
class="org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer">
	<property name="messageListener" ref="test" />
	<property name="connectionFactory" ref="amqConnectionFactory" />
	<property name="destinationName" value="testQueue" />
	<property name="maxConcurrentConsumers" value="10" />
	<property name="concurrentConsumers" value="2"/>
	<property name="receiveTimeout" value="3000" />
</bean>
As ConnectionFactory will pool Connections and Sessions in DMLC configured
that cachelevel="0"(None, Default) and pooledConnectionFactory, those
resources are efficiently reused.

According to the JConsole, connections are pooled and reused(donno how to
check the session) without regards for consumer.

If I changed cacheLevel to 2(to the Session Level), is there any change
though PooledConnectionFactory has already set?
because connections and sessions, I think, are already pooled and reused by
Connection Factory, cachelevel is of no effect.

Or I may completely misunderstand the cacheLevel and pooled connection in
DMLC.

regards,

sic