activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eric-AWL <eric.vinc...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Automatic delete of expired messages
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:51:27 GMT

Hi

I don't use persistance, I don't use transaction, I don't use
CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE, only automatic aknowledge.

I just saw in some JIRA recent exchanges that there seems to be an official
trick that automatically delete expired messages when there is no consumer
for a queue or a topic.

Can someone explain me the "official" way to do this, and the ActiveMQ
configuration to define ?

Is the number of consumers for a destination (that can be found by analyzing
Adivisory Messages) increased when this trick is used ?

Thank you in advance
Eric-AWL