activemq-users mailing list archives

From Diego Castorina <di...@func.nl>
Subject Re: Q Consumers stop receiving messages
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:54:17 GMT

I went a little bit further with my tests:
-the queue was containing 5219 messages and no one of them was distributed
to any of the listeners (I set the maxConcurrentConsumers property in the
DefaultMessageContainerListener of Spring to 20)
-I added 50 messages to the queue
-the first 50 message of the 5219 that were already in the queue were sent
to the listeners
-the queue hangs again, still containing 5219 message and the last 50
messages add during the second step are probably at the bottom of the queue

I repeated those steps several times, obtaining always the same behavior.
it is like now the queue maintain the size it had as it started hanging.

In my application I use
org.springframework.jms.connection.CachingConnectionFactory and set the
sessionCacheSize to 100. Is it related to connection timeout as reported in
http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5098? Has it something to do with
prefetchLimit? Or is it more a combination of both ???

Please help :(