activemq-users mailing list archives

From sbasani <sreekanthbas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confirm the correct usage of "connectionFactoryNames"
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 06:03:05 GMT

Thanks for your reply.

Here is my jndi.properties file:

java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url = tcp://localhost:61616
connectionFactoryNames = sampleFactory
queue.sampleQueue = MyQueue
userName=system
password=manager
-------------------------------------

Then i tried jndi lookup:

ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = null;
Context jndiContext = null;
connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
jndiContext.lookup("connectionFactoryNames");

Getting the following exception if i tried to lookup using
key(connectionFactoryNames):

JNDI API lookup failed: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
connectionFactoryNames
JNDI API lookup failed: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
connectionFactoryNames
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: connectionFactoryNames
	at
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContext.java:225)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
	at com.sample.jms.JMSProducer.run(JMSProducer.java:50)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Then i changed my code to get connection factory (lookup using value -
sampleFactory):

ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = null;
Context jndiContext = null;
connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory) jndiContext.lookup("sampleFactory");

Its working fine. i am not understanding why it's happening... :-(