activemq-users mailing list archives

From kalki70 <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Activemq-cpp and Message Groups malfunction
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:29:56 GMT

kalki70 wrote:

> Do you have any idea about when ActiveMQ decides to reassign a Message
> Group ? As I said before, when the consumer takes longer to respond, we
> see a lot more of these issues. I understand that JBoss doesn't
> acknowledge the messages when he consumes them, but when he finish
> processing them, and that can take long under load.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luis

Oh, this is very bad. We just came across a scenario where there are more
messages than usual for the same message group, and this is what happens :
* First message for message group is assigned to JBoss1 and processed
* A commutation occurred, messages are now being delivered to JBoss2. This
is wrong.
* Commutation occurred AGAIN!!! Now messages are delivered to JBoss1 again!!
Horrible!!

As before, this doesn't happen always, it is random.

I don't understand why nobody else sees this problem. Maybe it has to do
with opening and closing a lot of Message Groups?

Atte.,

Luis Rojas