activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Gies" <ag...@progress.com>
Subject JBoss / Activemq performance
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:23:02 GMT
Hello

I am investigating the performance of message driven beans in jboss 5.1 with activemq set
as a resource adapter. I have tested with amq 5.3 and trunk.

Without jboss i have a baseline of 5000 persistent messages/s and 15000 nonpersistent.

When i start consuming the messages using a simple mdb that does not really perform any logic,
the message rate drops to 500-900 messages/s.

i have tried transacted / non transacted message consumption. I have also tried to set enablebatch
to true, but limited success.

My question is, if the community sees similar numbers ? -- i need to sustain 2000 msg / s.

Any configuration gotchas you can think of might help.

I believe that the speed is related to looking up instances of beans from the appserver pools
and getting them through the interceptor chain. That alone takes 1-2ms per message...

Thank you and best regards
Andreas

I have used a handheld device to send this eMail, please excuse any typos i may have made.