activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no IconnectionFactory implementation found - NMS
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:07:48 GMT
On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 10:44 -0800, slyfox wrote:
> Hey Tim thanks for the response.
>
> well i was using 1.1.0.  I just extracted it and added the reference to
> Apache.NMS in my project.  I just copied and pasted the example code just to
> try to get something up and running.  I am using the dll's in the debug
> folder.
>
> When I first run a dialogue pops up and is looking for
> NMSConnectionFactory.cs.  I do not see this anywhere in the extracted folder
> and no documentation, that I can see, mentions it.
>
> I went with your suggestion and downloaded the rc and tried it but got the
> same result, looking for that config file.
>
> I am doing this all with the binaries as I have not tried to build from
> source.  My windows .net skills are extremely lacking.

Apache NMS is the API for .NET Messaging, its not a messaging client in
and of iteself.  What you need is to download the Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ
binary package assuming you want to talk to an ActiveMQ broker of
course, there are other clients for Tibco EMS etc.  You can either go
with the 1.1 release or use the newest RC2 of Apache.NMS and
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ which I just uploaded here:

http://people.apache.org/~tabish/nms-1.2.0-RC2

The two in combination give you the NMS API and an implementation of the
API for ActiveMQ.  The NMSConnectionFactory class in Apache.NMS will
attempt to locate the ActiveMQ NMS dll if you prepend activemq: to your
uri, for instance:

   activemq:tcp://127.0.0.1:61616

This directs the client to look for the activemq dll and then the
ActiveMQ client will attempt to connect to a broker running on your
local machine.

Regards
Tim.

--