activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NMS Evaluation
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:24:32 GMT
On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 04:22 -0800, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently evaluating NMS / ActiveMQ, and some questions arised.
>
> - Does NMS support all features of ActiveMQ?

NMS.ActiveMQ is doesn't implement every feature that is available in the
Broker.  Which features are you looking for in the NMS client?

> - Does NMS support local outgoing queues (so my application does not block
> when the broker is not available)? For Java ActiveMQ, I think this could be
> emulated using a local broker and the vm: scheme, but I did not find any
> information about such a setup on NMS.

No this is not a feature of NMS.ActiveMQ.

> - Does NMS work on the .NET compact framework and/or Mono?

No, the NMS.ActiveMQ client doesn't run under .NETCF we are working on a
Stomp version that will but it is not complete.  NMS.ActiveMQ does run
under Mono.

> - The svn link to the C# stomp client on http://stomp.codehaus.org/DotNet
> seems broken (I get on an error page which allows me browsing, but no svn
> checkout), do you have the correct link?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Markus

Regards
Tim.