activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gregory Guibert <>
Subject Producers blocking
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:49:27 GMT

I am setting up a configuration of activemq with a network of brokers (4
brokers instances) and I am facing several problems. I am using 5.2.0
release, java 1.6.0_07

1) Sometimes, the whole set of brokers would not respond anymore for message
producing. (blocking sendings). After restarting my applications, the
message publishing could not restart anyway. Is it a known issue ?

2) To solve problem 1, I read the article, and decided to set the
producerFlowControl to false.
With that option, I can see in the Jconsole that the Adivsory topics do not
have the producer flow control set to true, even if I set the option to
false in the configuration file. Can It be a problem ?

I copied the configuration file of host1 broker at the end of this email.
The configuration files for hosts 2, 3, 4 are similar. Can you advise on
this configuration file ? I am not sure about the TTL option.

Thank you for your help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:amq=""
<broker useJmx="true" persistent="false" dataDirectory="data"
brokerName="activemq-MYBROKER" xmlns="

          <policyEntry topic="*" producerFlowControl="false"
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />

<networkConnector name="brokerCluster"
<transportConnector uri="tcp://host1:61616"/>
<managementContext connectorPort="1399"