activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best implementation for reply-request
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:44:34 GMT
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Andres Rangel
<andresr@corp.moniker.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have currently running apache activemq 5.2 in a network of brokers
>

> It has close to 1500 producers and 1200 consumers.
>
> This producers have  each one a temporary queue so that will be 1500
> temp queues in the system.
>

> The reply-request is implemented using temporary queues.
>

> I would like to know if there's a performance hit by using temporary
> queues instead of using another option.
>

> What do you guys think?

There's more overhead involved with such constant creation/destruction
of temp queues, but that's it. As long as the broker has been tuned to
scale for handling such a large number of destinations, then you
should be OK:

http://activemq.apache.org/scaling-queues.html

Bruce
);'