activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Newborn" <ian.newb...@revolutiongames.net>
Subject C++ client for ActiveMQ discarding messages before reaching the consumer
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:20:03 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to use ActiveMQ with the C++ API (CMS).

Trying is the key phrase here.  On some clients when connecting to some
servers the messages seem to be discarded somewhere inside the API.
Using Wireshark we can see them arriving via the socket and the logging
from ActiveMQ shows it reaching as far as the API.

However, on clients that do work the message is responded to with an
acknowledge and is also passed to the consumer.  On the clients that
fail the messages aren't acknowledged and my consumer doesn't even know
something has happened.

There doesn't seem to be a reason why some machines can't connect to one
server but can to another.  All exist on the same subnet and the only
differences in the logs are from the unique ID's.

It would be really helpful if someone knew how to get CMS to tells us
why it has decided not to acknowledge some of these messages or if
anyone knows of some setting we should be initialising by default and
have might have missed?  All that we use currently the address of the
server and the port number.