activemq-users mailing list archives

From Roger Hoover <roger.hoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hasFrameToRead always returns false after first message
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:29:16 GMT
I don't know about the PHP stomp client that you're using but the STOMP
protocol and AMQ broker support what you want.  I wrote a twisted python
STOMP client that can concurrently process stomp messages and ack them in
any order.

A potential issue with the approach you've described is that STOMP has no
way to for a client to reject a message.  There's no nack operation.  So if
your client experiences an error trying to process a message and does not
ack that message, you've effectively just reduced your activemq.prefetchSize
by 1.  Eventually, you'll hit zero and no longer get messages from the
broker.  The only option is to unsubscribe and subscribe again.

Roger